CWWC Writing Contest
CWWC would like to announce our first writing contest.
- First Prize $50
- Second Prize $30
- Third Prize $20
- All winners will be featured on the website and on the June 2016 Email Blast and will receive a digital book badge.
This contest includes anything you’d like to submit, published or unpublished, to be judged for quality based on the first five pages of that work. Start getting your submissions all prettied up and ready to go!
The rules of the contest are:
- First five pages only.
- Author can cut the story off before the end of the fifth page or leave it mid sentence.
- The submission must be a Word .doc, or .rtf document.
- The submission must be sized 12 pt font and double spaced.
- Author’s name must not appear anywhere in the submitted document. If the author’s name appears in the document, the story will be disqualified.
- Author must include a story summary, no more than 200 words. This can read like a back cover copy. Hooks are encouraged. This is in addition to the five pages from the story.
- This contest is free for members of CIAN and $5 for non members. This cost is per submission, not per author. Multiple submissions are accepted.
- Include the title and the projected/approximate word count of the whole story in the header of the submitted story.
- Any submission with more than 5 story pages will be disqualified.
Deadline to have your submissions in is Friday, May 18, 11:59 PM PST (Pacific Standard Time)
Winners will be announced through Facebook on June 15th.