These are the rules:
- First 5000 words only.
- Authors can cut the story off before the end of 5k words or leave it mid sentence.
- The submission MUST be a Word .doc, or .rtf document ONLY. All PDFs will be disqualified. No exceptions.
- The submission MUST be sized 12 pt font and double spaced with proper margins.
- The author’s name must not appear anywhere in the submitted document. If the author’s name appears in the document, the story will be disqualified.
- The author must include a story summary, no more than 200 words. This can read like a back cover copy. Hooks are encouraged. This is in addition to the 5000 words from the story.
- The entry fee for this contest is $0 for paid members of CWW, $5 for free members of CWW, and $10 for non members. This cost is per submission, not per author. Multiple submissions ARE accepted. All fees must be paid via PayPal to email@example.com
- Include the title and the projected/approximate word count of the whole story in the header of the submitted story.
- Any submission with more than 5000 words will be disqualified.
- No member of the CWW Management Team may submit any entries. No exceptions.
- Judges who are not members of the management team may submit entries, but only in genres they will NOT be judging.
- Genres are:
- Romance (including romantic suspense and YA romance)
- Speculative (including fantasy, sci-fi, Biblical fiction, spiritual warfare books, both YA and adult)
- General fiction (including women’s fiction, coming of age, contemporary fiction, historical, general YA, etc)
Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is Oct 1, 2016
Winners (first, second and third place for each genre) will be announced November 1, 2016
Winners will receive:
- First place:
- $50 Amazon gift card
- Cover design by Samantha Fury
- Book feature on the CWW website home page
- Second place:
- $25 Amazon gift card
- Third place:
- $10 Amazon gift card
Each winning author will have ads on the website, Facebook and Twitter for the book of their choice.